This project is focused on revitalization of the cultural heritage in Montenegro, enhancing the existing legislative framework and developing new regulation, with an aim to improve the entire system for cultural heritage protection. Special attention will be paid to cultural tourism and sustainable transport infrastructure, applying new approach to integrated urban revitalization of the historic core of Montenegrin cities and towns.
The project will help design an adequate business solution that will advance the electronic management of documents, encompassing the complete life cycle – from document creation and entry, all the way to their archiving in the central digital archive.
In accordance with complex competences of the Directorate for Protection of Cultural Property, we will help facilitate their daily work, while making it more transparent at the same time. We’ll do so through establishment and maintenance of registers of cultural heritage in analogue and electronic form, as well as through creation and management of the information system of cultural goods.
One of the missions of the Ministry of Culture of Montenegro is to place the area of culture in the context of sustainable development and to promote its resources as areas suitable for investment.
The aim of the joint project is to improve the system of managing cultural heritage through establishment of the Information Management System for documents, as well as to improve the relevant legislation and perform reconstruction of the selected cultural heritage buildings through its revitalization, rehabilitation and conservation.
As a final result, this system should enable the transparency of the necessary data, as well as better and more efficient management of cultural heritage in Montenegro. This will make necessary framework for further activities related to identification of concrete buildings and moveable cultural heritage under protection to be further revitalized, reconstructed and re-used.
The project results will be achieved through four components:
1. Supporting the establishment of an information system that is capable of recording and supporting document management throughout the entire system within the competence of the Directorate for the Protection of Cultural Property;
2. Enhancing the legislative framework in the area of cultural heritage management;
3. Cultural heritage reconstruction and revitalization through the preparation of technical documentation and by carrying out construction work and
4. Supporting cultural tourism and economic valorisation of cultural heritage through promotional activities.
· The Information system is completed, both in terms of software development and hardware procurement.