Innovation challenge: urban and architectural solution for the reuse of the “Cerovo” military complex
International competition: urban and architectural solution for the adaptation of the “Cerovo” military complex. The purpose is to establish a new centre for development of creative industries (Creative Hub) in Bijelo Polje.
We invite architects, architectural associations, institutions and companies to submit ideas for innovative preliminary urban and architectural solution for the adaptation of the “Cerovo” military complex. The purpose is to establish a new centre for development of creative industries (Creative Hub) in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro. If you are experienced in project design- this is an opportunity for you! The former military complex will become Regional Creative Hub, aiming to strengthen and affirm creative and cultural industries in the northern part of our country, both strategically and infrastructurally.
This innovation challenge is carried out within the Creative Montenegro project.
- Deadline for submission of competition entries is 18 May 2020, until midnight.
- Deadline for submission of questions is 25 April 2020
- Results of the competition will be published on UNDP website on 10 July 2020, the latest.
Who can apply: Individuals with a degree in architecture, association of architects or engineers, research institutions, NGOs and private companies are eligible to participate in the competition if dealing with architectural, urbanism and reconstruction projects, who are active in the field of contemporary creativity. All participants who meet the requirements of the competition will participate in the main prize fund.
Evaluation process and criteria: The selection committee will be composed of representatives of UNDP, representative from the Ministry of Culture, representative of the Municipality of Bijelo Polje and international experts dealing with architectural and/or urban planning design.
Criteria for evaluation of works:
- Originality and innovative solution of the project interior design...................0 to 25 points
- Urban design innovative solution..........0 to 25 points
- Creative hub designed as driver for achieving the SDGs .....................................0 to 30 points
- Rationality and cost-effectiveness of the solution...............................................0 to 20 points
- I prize for the best innovative solution in the amount of $ 30,000.00 (US dollars)
- II prize for the second-best innovative solution in the amount of $ 12,000.00 (US dollars)
- III prize for the third best innovative solution in the amount of $ 6,000.00 (US dollars).
For more details and to download relevant documentation, please visit the procurement page.
UNDP Montenegro, Stanka Dragojevica bb, 81000 Podgorica; Requests for clarifications can be sent by email to: email@example.com